Thinking of adding a new furry friend into your home? It happens all of the time whether planed or not – say spur of the moment adoption - and a new puppy owner must make certain that safety tips are followed to ensure the pooch will remain healthy and happy in their new environment. It certainly took me some time to figure everything out when I brought Luna into our home five years ago, and things were handled very differently when Penny was added to our family. So here are some links I found helpful in surviving the new puppy days.
- VPI Pet Insurance has Simple Advice for New Dog Owners.
- The Pet Blog Lady has some great Cleaning Tips for a SafePuppy.
- Pet MD has a basic New Puppy Checklist of all the items you will need for the new puppy, however Petsmart’s checklist is twice as long.
- The ASPCA has a very great article on Introducing Your Dogto a New Dog.
- The Dog Channel thinks outside of the box with their PuppySafety from A to Z article.
Do you have any tips or advice for bringing a new puppy into the home? Make sure to hop on over to Newfandhound to see what links they have for you!