Last week I made the dogs frozen yogurt berry bones which were a big hit! This week I wanted to make an adult version of that fun strawberry treat, so I infused it with a little bit of alcohol. I approached the treat like I would make a strawberry margarita, making it a cocktail on a stick.
You could also easily adapt this recipe by including pineapple or blueberries or any other fun adult fruity beverage you might like.
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz agave nectar (or your sweetener of choice)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- Combine the strawberries, tequila, 1 oz agave nectar and lime juice in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large liquid measuring cup or bowl with a spout and set aside.
- Combine the yogurt and left over agave nectar in the blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into your popsicle molds only filling about only half full. Add the popsicle sticks, if necessary, and fill the yogurt mixture on top filling the mold completely. Place the molds in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
If you try them let me know how they turn out for you!