Spring is here, so how about starting some spring training with your dog? Exercise is as important for your dog as it is for you and it is one of the best ways to spend time with your pet. Thankfully there are a million ways you can do this; whether it’s just being active outside with your pet, learning agility or taking a new training class. The type of exercise you choose should depend on the age and fitness of your dog and your own lifestyle, and if your dogs are like mine, they are adaptable and happy to play catch in the park or just take long walks in the neighborhood. They key is finding activities you both enjoy, so here are a few links that might spark your interest.
- Looking for a specific meet up group such as hiking or walking with your dog? Visit Meetup.com and you should be able to find all sorts of groups to join in your city. Meet up is where we originally found the Adventureweiner Club of Seattle when we were living in Seattle, WA.
- Visit your local Zoom Room. It’s like an indoor dog park where you can play on agility equipment and social with other breeds in a safe enviroment. They also have a plethora of classes to take ranging from agility to leash training along with different levels of obedience classes.
- Why not go for your AKC’s Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Certification? The Canine Good Citizen Program is a two-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs.
- Do you have a dog that has never been in the water? This website offers you 10 Essential Tips to Teach Your Dog to Swim.
- This website gives you great tips on how to exercise your dog indoors, and you can watch this cute video of Kiko the Dog exercising with his mom and either get inspired or jealous of their exercising routine.
- If you are thinking of trying Doga (that’s yoga for your dog) then check out this site where you can watch free videos to help get you started.
Here are a few fun links for you.
- Check out Dog IDs for a great selection of specialty dog leashes to help you with all sorts of training.
- This is a fun site that has a wide range of exercise dog t-shits and clothing.
- The Skechers Gratis shoe is my favorite walking shoe. They are cute and comfortable and I would like one in every color.
- The Active Line from Old Navy is my favorite place to buy Yoga Pants and I love the new Elements Hoodie from The Gap.
We are teaming up with Robin for the Bark and Bites series! Hop on over to NewfandHound to see what links she found for you!